3kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater
3kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater 2.25″BSP Brass screwplug 13″ immersed length 1 stat pocket
Breweries really are our favourite customers, therefore we need you busy brewing, not cleaning, thus our 3kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater features:
- UK Stock of Italian manufactured heaters
- 10mm diameter Incoloy 800 elements, with huge great, wide open spaces between elements for cleaning purposes
- 2.25″ BSP Brass Screwplug (suits 95% of brewers, SS bespoke ii Range available for other 5%)
- 6″ or 150mm inactive or cold end
- 13″ or 330mm immersed length
- ABS IP65 terminal enclosure rotateable through 360 degrees
- 9.3 w/cm² or 60w/in² watt density (the lower the watt density, the less sh1t sticks!)
- 415v by default, reconfigurable to be 240v single phase if required
- complete with 11″ thermowell.
While we love all (paying) customers, brewers really are our favourites, because you bring happiness and hangovers to us all. If one of you could invent some hangover free beer, then we would be very interested to hear about it. The older one gets, the worse (and longer lasting) the hangovers seem to be. So, call Jamie on 07897 246779 to discuss your 3kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater requirements.
If you absolutely insist on buying online, please don’t forget the stat to control and / or cutout.
- Control only – 5-80°C or 45 -120°C.
- Control & Failsafe Cutout – Control 8-65°C, Cutout @ 90°C – Horizontal Fit (Thru the Side) or Vertical fit (Thru top or bottom of vessel).
- Cutout only – Settable between 45-95°C.
We understand your need to get water from one part of your process at 70ºC, up to the boil as quickly as possible. Therefore this demand for lots of power needs to be balanced with a maximum immersed length of about 1m. The more element we can squeeze into the available space, the more we are able to reduce the watt density of the elements. Therefore, it may be worth having a look at our Blog entry, in which I have tried to explain the importance of watt density and its relevance when choosing and using a brewery immersion heater.
Possible Alternative Heaters.
If you are that rarest of breeds, The Rich Brewer, and fancy getting creative, then we can do Removeable Brewery Heaters on a hygienic SS tank fitting (DN50, 80 or 125 depending on power needs & depth of pockets), with straight or ? shaped elements to follow the circumference of the tank. We will need an in in depth conversation about your local circumstances, dimensions, entry ports, etc.
Useful 3kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater Background information.
Industrial Heating elements are a resistance coil wire (producing heat), encased in magnesium oxide (the white powder, compacted by rolling down from 10mm to 8mm, for protection of wire & insulation purposes, bizarrely) encased in a usually stainless steel tube. For more detailed written explanation, click here. For a video explanation by some bloke with a really boring voice, click above.
Just for clarification, an Immersion Heater (see below) is 3 such elements (as image above) on a screwplug with a terminal box housing the connections. Cuz we all speak diffrent!