18kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater
18kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater 2.25″BSP Brass screwplug 39″ immersed length 1 stat pocket
Breweries really are our favourite customers, therefore we need you busy brewing, not cleaning, thus our 18kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater features:
- UK Stock of Italian manufactured heaters.
- 10mm diameter Incoloy 800 elements, with huge great, wide open spaces between elements for cleaning purposes
- 2.25″ BSP Brass Screwplug (suits 95% of brewers, SS bespoke ii Range available for other 5%)
- 6″ or 150mm inactive or cold end
- 39″ or 990mm immersed length
- ABS IP65 terminal enclosure rotateable through 360 degrees
- 8.4 w/cm² or 57w/in² watt density (the lower the watt density, the less sh1t sticks!)
- 415v by default, reconfigurable to be 240v single phase if required
- complete with 11″ thermowell.
While we love all (paying) customers, brewers really are our favourites, because you bring happiness and hangovers to us all. If one of you could invent some hangover free beer, then we would be very interested to hear about it. The older one gets, the worse (and longer lasting) the hangovers seem to be. So, call Jamie on 07897 246779 to discuss your 18kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater requirements.
If you absolutely insist on buying online, please don’t forget the stat to control and / or cutout.
- Control only – 5-80°C or 45 -120°C.
- Control & Failsafe Cutout – Control 8-65°C, Cutout @ 90°C – Horizontal Fit (Thru the Side) or Vertical fit (Thru top or bottom of vessel).
- Cutout only – Settable between 45-95°C.
We understand your need to get water from one part of your process at 70ºC, up to the boil as quickly as possible. Therefore this demand for lots of power needs to be balanced with a maximum immersed length of about 1m. The more element we can squeeze into the available space, the more we are able to reduce the watt density of the elements. Therefore, it may be worth having a look at our Blog entry, in which I have tried to explain the importance of watt density and its relevance when choosing and using a brewery immersion heater.
Possible Alternative Heaters.
If you are that rarest of breeds, The Rich Brewer, and fancy getting creative, then we can do Removeable Brewery Heaters on a hygienic SS tank fitting (DN50, 80 or 125 depending on power needs & depth of pockets), with straight or ? shaped elements to follow the circumference of the tank. We will need an in in depth conversation about your local circumstances, dimensions, entry ports, etc.
18kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater – Hopefuly Useful Information
18kW Brewery Copper / Kettle Heater – More Useful Stuff.
Sidetracked onto our Sister Site?
BSP Screwplug Info – Simple Version.
So, simply put, I am hoping you measure the screwplug of your dead heater at 65mm.
Or alternatively, the hole in your vessel at 63mm.
Either way, this measurement is best acheived with a Vernier Gauge if you have one handy. A tape measure and a steady hand will have to suffice if not. As a backup, a bit of string or cotton, wrapped around the circumference of the dead heater screwplug, then measured on the tape measure, should give you a good approximation.
The safest, 100% way to check your screwplug size is to wander casually into a Plumbase, Screwfix, or the like, and ask for a nut of your guesstimated size, then screw it on to the heater. This avoids the unlikely, but still possible accurence that you are the possessor of a “Bastard Size” which may have a different thread pitch, number of threads per inch, etc.
More detailed info & full chart HERE.